Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting on with Life after a loss

Yes it has been a couple of years since my borther in law passed away from cancer.
Before David died he had a couple of last requests.
One was to ride in a Bright Red Ferrai.
This was made possible one day David called me while he was driving the car.
Yes the pastor had arranged that the car would collect form hospice and he could go for a drive in it.
Awesome sometimes even our hearts desires God can fulfill.
He is an awesome God
Yes one of the other requests was that I was to read to him from the Bible every evening when I visited.
I read to David every evening while he lay bed in hospice in Benoni.
This was not an easy thing to do as David was dying but I did it.
I listened to David and to GOD's voice telling me to read the Word.
Yes I knew the end would happen one day and it did.
Late one evening we go a phone call from the hospice.
The sister on duty said that David would not make it to the next day.
I have never driven so fast from Boksburg to Benoni but I did.
But it was to late Daivid had died, David had gone to be with his maker.(David was a Believer)
We were meet by the pastor (Red Ferriar) he request that we attend church on sunday.
It was in church on the very next sunday that I heard GOD calling me.
I recommited my self to CHRIST on that sunday.
David got another wish to be fulfilled by GOD.
I recieved JESUS as my LORD that sunday.
Awesome how GOD got me to listen to HIM.
Sometimes it just take a while but listen to GOD
We must learn again how to LISTEN to GOD.
We speak to much....

No comments: