Monday, May 30, 2011

Do I hear God quickly or slowly

Heb 5:11  Of whom we have much to say which it is hard to make clear,
because you are
slow of hearing. 
What is it about hearing.
Why am I so slow to hear what it is that GOD is saying to me.
Is it prep has I don't listen to Him?
Or maybe I am not sure that it is GOD who is speaking?
I could ask then do I really know the voice of our Saviour?
If I don't then then have I been building a relationship with JESUS?
A relationship is not a one way street.
All relationships take hard work to keep them active.
I must find more time to speak to GOD and time to really listen.
Yes really just shut up and listen for a change so that I can start to hear GOD speak.
Yes GOD does speak we just need to listen.

Awhile ago I found my self in a shop in town.
An old friend I had not seen for some time bumped into me and said hello.
I heard GOD telling me to "Stop and listen to what this friend had to say".
I was in a bit of a hurry as my wife was getting her hair done in the shop next door,
and I did not want her to have to wait for me.
Again I heard GOD say " Speak to your friend and share Christ's Love with him".
I was a bit worried about the sharing Christ part. Speaking was okay but to share Christ's Love!
Well I spoke to the friend we went outside and into the parking lot.
My friend shared that he had lost his job and was really feeling down and out that day.
My friend just broke down as he pored out all his concerns.
I ask him if I could pray for him and he said that would be great.
After we had prayed my friend said that he had recommitted himself there to JESUS,
and that he would start to attend church as from the next Sunday.
I hugged my friend and told him the GOD loved him and I was really blown away.

Yes I heard from GOD a small voice clear telling me what to do.
I did and He did the rest he saved my friend.
Wow listening ain't that bad it isn't so hard to listen.
I need to shut up more and listen to GOD talk.

I am trying to listen harder and better each and every day to GOD.

I challenge you to listen for 5 mins a day just shut the noise out and dont talk only listen to
GOD
let Him speak for a change.

Well if you do this why not send me a mail and let me know how it goes.


No comments: