Monday, July 4, 2011

Keeping going when it gets tough out there

What do you do when things get tough out there.
Do you throw in the towel at the first chance you get.
Do you call it quits and say goodbye to it all.
Do you stick with it even though the going get sometimes even tougher.
Have you ever had a debt you could not pay and ask GOD to help you
And for some reason it seemed as if GOD choose to ignore your request.
Well what did you think when you got no assistance from GOD?
Actual another debt seemed to happen which you did not even expect.
At that stage, it was if someone out there was not hearing your request for assistance.
Yes where is GOD when we really need HIM does HE even care is the question I often find my self asking.
Yes I find my self saying GOD did you hear me.
GOD you expect me to listen to you but how strange it is as if you dont listen to me.
But then I find the Word yes that old book which gives me so much courage.
Yes that book which speaks living Words.
Words that no one else can speak to me.
Words which lift me out of the hole which I am in.
Words that take me to the clouds.
Words that give me hope to see the debt through to the next month.
The WORDS of our GOD.
Yes GOD is alive in the BIBLE.
He is alive in HIS WORD.
So when you are down and out what to do?
READ READ READ READ the WORD of GOD
It will bring HIM closer to you and your concern.
It might not make the concern disappear.
But I know that GOD will be closer just kind of gives me a fresh hope to carry on.



Psalm 118
English Standard Version
 

1 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!
2 Let Israel say“His steadfast love endures forever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron say, “His steadfast love endures forever.”
4 Let those who fear the LORD say, “His steadfast love endures forever.”
5 Out of my distress I called on the LORD;
the LORD answered me and set me free.
6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
7 The LORD is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.

No comments: